Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave… Ecclesiastics 9:10
Thought of The Day: Whatever should be done should be done well or left undone.
LISTEN : God is a God of excellence. He doesn’t enjoy mediocrity, He desires and cherishes excellence. He wants us to be good at what we do. My dear, God wants you to give your best both in service to Him and humanity. In fact, He wants you to do whatever you do with all your heart (Colosians 3:23). No matter what you do, if your heart is not in it, it doesn’t make sense to God. Beloved, you’re created in the image and likeness of God – the image of glory, dominion, power, love, etc., and God wants us to reflect His image in our lives. He wants us to be the best at what we do. Here are reasons why you should be the best at what you do:
1. We Have Just A Limited Time On Earth– our time on earth is limited. Someday we’ll not be here. Therefore, you should do what you should do with utmost urgency and dedication (Job 14:1; Eph 5:15,16). Live as though, it’s just your last minute on earth. Avoid procrastination and frivolities, and let every moment of your existence count and speak of your excellence.
2. People Value Excellence Not Mediocrity – If you don’t have anything of value to offer, nobody will care about you. If you can’t impact others you’re not worth it. So, work hard to be good at what you do. You don’t have to be thrilled with your work every single day, because you’ll certainly have tough days when you’ll wish you were somewhere else doing something else. But for the most part you can love it and be proud of what you do. My dear, be useful with your life. Remember, your existence won’t count until you have made remarkable impacts. Henceforth, work with all your heart and strength. Be wise!
What Should We Do With This Message?
1. Be strong and courageous and strive always to be excellent.
2. Be happy and proud of what you do and make sure you do all to the glory of God.
3. Resist mediocrity and determine to go for excellence instead.
4. Don’t despise what you do. Instead, cherish and improve on it.
Prayer : Dear Lord, you’re full of wisdom and power. Help me to live the way you want me to live, and do what you want me to do, amen.
Reflection : If you don’t have anything of value to offer, nobody will care about you.
Quote : “You can’t work with God if you have contempt for excellence. No matter what you do, if your heart is not in it, it doesn’t make sense to God.”
Biblical Fact : Did you know those who accept Jesus Christ are given the power to become the children of God? (John 1:12).
Stunning Fact : Did you know dogs have three eyelids?
Bible Quiz: Who were the sons of Aaron that offered strange fire at the altar of God?
God bless you!