Thursday, October 1, 2020
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in him, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Thought Of The Day : Genuine faith in God releases joy and peace into a troubled heart.
LISTEN : My dear, learn to abounds in hope. What does it mean to hope? To hope is to trust in, wait for, look for, or desire something or someone; or to expect something beneficial in the future. To abounds in hope is to be full of hope no matter what. Beloved, hope is vital to life. It is the strength of life. It keeps you moving when it seems like there’s nothing to live for. Hope looks beyond circumstances. It constantly reminds you that, better days are still coming to you. My dear, if you’re not hopeful, then you’re hopeless. Sadly, when hope is dead, life loses its value. So, you owe yourself the responsibility to keep your hope alive no matter what. Here are three reasons why you should abound in hope :
1. You Are Responsible For Your Future – God has given us a predestined future. But you can’t actualise it if you’re hopeless. You must fight for it. He created us with special abilities and talents. He wants us to discover, develop, and use them to both benefit humanity and ourselves. Sadly, we face a lot of challenges and attacks on those abilities and talents, making it almost impossible to achieve our purposes. But no matter the situation, you can overcome if you refuse to be hopeless. Having known that your future is your responsibility, you won’t cease to be hopeful.
2. Your Life Is Precious – if you value your life you can’t cease to fight for it. You’ll do all it takes to sustain it. You can’t dream of suicide or giving up on life, because you know that, you’re created to make a difference. And whatever that’s on your way to achieving it, you won’t permit it. My dear, your life is precious.
3. Hope Complements Faith And Changes Situations – hope complements faith. Faith says it is so now, and hope says in the future it could happen. Both are vital to keep you pressing on when the going gets tough. When you have confidence in God without waiting for proof, and you’re expectant of a better tomorrow, your life will not end in shame. Be wise!
What Should We Do With This Message?
1. Determine to abound in hope no matter the situation.
2. Always remain hopeful and determine to rise above your challenges.
3. Keep your hope alive and always encourage yourself in God.
4. Always remind yourself that, your future is your responsibility.
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that my hope will not die. Therefore, I will keep my hope alive, amen.
Prayer : Precious Father, You’re the God of hope. Help me to abound in hope as long as I live, amen.
A Word Of Blessing : It’s well with you. Today, I prophesy to you, your hope will not die. No matter the situation, may God carry you to safety, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Reflection : If you value your life you can’t cease to fight for it; and you can’t dream of suicide or giving up on life when you abound in hope and faith.
Quote : “If you’re not hopeful, then, you’re hopeless. For when hope is dead, life loses its value.”
Biblical Fact : Did you know Joseph of Arimathaea was also a follower of Jesus Christ? (John 19:38).
Today In History : October 1, 1960 Nigeria gained her independence from Great Britain.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the ancient Greeks first grew carrots as a form of medicine and not a food?
Bible Quiz : What does Eloi, eloi, lama sabachtani mean?
God bless you!