Monday, September 23, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalms 29:11
LISTEN : God knows His people. Yes, He knows us. When we’re afflicted, confused, exhausted and frustrated with life He comes with His power to help us. He equips us with strength to fight our battles. Our Bible verse says, “The LORD will give strength unto his people.” My dear, if you don’t have strength to press on in life because of pressure, just turn to God for strength. In the midst of your troubles you can still enjoy the peace of God. To enjoy the peace of God, here are what to do in addition to what we discussed yesterday:
* Eschew Evil – avoid evil or evil appearances. The Bible says, “There is no peace, says my God, to the wicked.” (Isaiah 57:21). To experience peace of mind, you must abstain from wickedness. God is against wickedness. Hence, when He judges evil the wicked is punished. When God punishes wickedness the wicked loses his or her peace of mind, and in some cases his or her life. So, stay away from evil to experience peace.
* Celebrate Other People’s Successes – don’t be jealous or envious of others. For it is difficult to celebrate the successes of others if you feel bad about them. My dear, you can’t lose sleep or your peace of mind when you work for the well-being of others. So, to enjoy peace, determine to feel good about others and their successes.
* Grow Your Faith – lack of faith breeds fear, and fear produces restlessness and lack of peace. Therefore, to enjoy peace of mind you should strive to grow your faith in God. Faith will stabilise your heart. And growing your faith is your responsibility. My dear, lack of peace will cost you both your health and life. Therefore, do your best to secure and sustain peace of mind. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t romance with sin, instead, run away from it.
2. Determine to celebrate the successes of others no matter what.
3. Study the word of God to grow in faith and fight your fears.
4. Anytime you are afraid trust in God and resist the urge to fear.
Prayer: Almighty God, you’re the God of peace. Therefore, fill my heart and mind with peace, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Reflection: Strive to secure and sustain peace of mind; for lack of peace could cost you both your health and life
Quote : “When God punishes wickedness the wicked loses his or her peace of mind, and in some cases his or her life.”
Faith Confession: In Jesus’ name, I declare that, I will experience peace of mind. Therefore, I will not be afraid, amen.
Biblical Fact: Did you know Isaiah the prophet was the son of Amoz? (Isaiah 1:1)
Today In History : September 23, 2004 Hurricane Jeanne causes severe flooding in Haiti; over 1,000 reported dead.
Stunning Fact: Did you know chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time?
A Word Of Blessing: It’s well with you. May you not lack peace of mind. May God bless you with peace now and forever, amen.
Monday, September 23, 2019
TOPIC : PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS
Bible Verse : Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his Holy name. Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefit… and tender mercies Psalms 103:1-4
LISTEN: Have you praised God for His goodness today? My dear, by your actions, you’re either giving praise to God or complaining. If we can’t forget what God has done for us we sure can bless and praise Him heartily. The beauty of life is in acknowledging God for His goodness. The meaning of life can’t be discovered until we think on what God has done and glorify Him for it. Thinking about the wonderful works of God in the universe will open our eyes to the true meaning of life; and such knowledge will provoke a heart of praise to God. My dear, no matter the pain, affliction, sorrow, misfortune you may be going through in this life, there is still enough reasons to be grateful to God for His goodness. Let us bless and praise the name of the LORD because through Him we have protection, deliverance, provisions, healing, forgiveness, salvation, comfort in trials, wisdom, understanding, peace, etc. Henceforth, let’s praise Him with affection and gratitude for He is good. (Psalms 92:1). Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, help me not to forget your goodness towards me, in Jesus ‘ name, amen.