Saturday, September 21, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14
LISTEN : God answers prayers. Yet, certain things could hinder Him from answering our prayers. Therefore, for prayers to produce results, we should avoid what will make God to refuse our prayers. Here are three things that will make God to say ‘No’ to prayers:
* When You Ask Wrongly – God will say no to our prayers when we pray wrongly. To pray wrongly is to pray with selfish motives. It’s to pray just for personal gain and disregarding the need to glorify God with our requests (see James 4:2-3). My dear, if you can’t pray amiss you can’t go empty-handed from the altar of prayer. So, learn to pray always in line with the will of God and you’ll celebrate your every prayer.
* When You Ask Outside of His Will – God’s will must be the basis for our prayers. Prayer done in line with the will of God will always produce results. If the will of God is our standard in prayer, answers to prayers would be our daily experience. My dear, if you can’t pray outside of the will of God, you won’t have reasons to worry about answers to your prayers.
* When You Refused To Humble Yourself before Him – one way not to humble yourself before God is to continue to live in sin. Unrepentant heart makes you an enemy of God. But when you acknowledge your sin you’ll attract the mercies of God. The Bible says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (1Chronicles 7:14 UKJV). The truth is, God won’t close His ears to a prayer offered out of genuine repentance. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to make your prayers in line with the will of God.
2. Find out what the will of God is in any given situation and prayer in line with it.
3. As you pray, humble yourself before God and confess your sin and forsake them.
4. Never be selfish in prayer, instead, pray to glorify God in the end.
Prayer : Dear Lord, I thank you for your word today. Help me to pray in line with your will, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Reflection : If you can’t pray outside of the will of God, you won’t have reasons to worry about answers to your prayers.
Quote : “If the will of God is our standard in prayer, answers to prayers would be our daily experience.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I acknowledge that God will say no to prayer done outside of His will. Therefore, I will pray in line with His will, amen.
Today In History : September 21, 2003 Galileo space mission ends as the probe is sent into Jupiter’s atmosphere where it is crushed.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the smallest bones in the human body are found in your ear?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. May God guide you to pray in line with His will. And may you receive answers to your prayers, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Saturday, September 21, 2019
TOPIC : JUST PUT YOUR TRUST IN THE LIVING GOD
Bible Verse : My times are in your hand, deliver me from the hand of my enemies; and from them that persecute me. Psalms 31:15
LISTEN: Learn to put your trust in God. Never forget that your times are in His hands. Therefore, no matter the afflictions, torment, trials, persecution, etc., He will deliver you if you can trust in Him. David was under severe afflictions when he penned this psalm. He said, “My times are in your hand” (Psalms 31:15). Although he was going through series of afflictions from the hands of his enemies, yet, he believed that God would see him through. David’s expression in our Bible verse was that, “no evil could happen to him without God’s foresight.” He knows that God sees what is prepared for or meditated against him. He was sure that God will deliver him from his enemies. Beloved, don’t be afraid of the wicked who has got some evil plans against you, your life is not in their hands. God is in control of your life. Like David, say, “my times are in the hands of God.” When you walk in this revelation, the devil and wicked people can’t mess up your life. Be wise!
Prayer : Faithful Father, you’re my God and my times are in your hands. Therefore, I will trust in you always, amen.