Friday, September 20, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : He who calls you is trustworthy, and he will in fact do this. 1 Thessalonians 5:24
LISTEN : God is not man. He is committed to His words. As a matter of fact, He honours His words and those who keep His words. My dear, God will always keep His word because He’s not a man. Here are reasons why you should believe that God will keep His promises:
* God Has Demonstrated His Mighty Works Countless Times – right from creation, God has demonstrated his power and sovereignty. He has through nature shown us that He keeps His promises. Since creation of the world, God has demonstrated His power in all generations either by way of rewarding obedience or punishing disobedience. He does what He says He will do. So, trust His promises.
* God Called You For A Purpose – as a Christian, you didn’t choose yourself, God chose you. He called you according to His purpose. Therefore, He will do what He says concerning you. He will reward your labour and obedience for pursuing His purpose in the world. When you pursue the purpose why God called you, He will establish His plans for you.
* God Is Trustworthy – God is trustworthy. That makes Him impossible to lie. If the sun, the moon and stars can’t fail since they were created, therefore, God who created them can never fail either. My dear, it’s impossible for God to lie (Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18). He keeps His promises. Time, age, condition, background, size, race, etc., don’t affect His promise. However, to experience His faithfulness, you should believe that, He is trustworthy. Always believe He will do what He says He will do.
* Nothing Is Impossible To God – faith produces miracles. Faith brings the promises of God to us. But what God promised may not come unless faith is at work. Faith believes that, nothing is impossible to God. My dear, in the realm of faith everything is possible (Mark 9:23). So, stop panicking about your problems and begin to trust God. I assure you, He will do what He says He will do for you if you’ll not stop believing. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional ,what is expected of you?
1. Think about the greatness of God and put your trust in Him.
2. No matter the situation, always remind yourself that, there’s nothing impossible to God
3. Stop panicking about your problems and start trusting God for intervention.
4. Serve God faithfully and trust Him to fulfill His promises to you.
Prayer : Dear Lord, I know that you are trustworthy. You do what you said you’ll do. Therefore, I will serve you for the rest of my life, amen!
Reflection : God honours His words and those who keep His words.
Quote : “Faith believes that, nothing is impossible to God; and God rewards faith because faith glorifies Him.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus ‘ name, I confess that faith honours God and blesses us. Therefore, I will grow in faith, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know that the name Eve means, the mother of all the living? (Genesis 3:20).
Today In History : September 20, 1830 The National Negro Convention convenes in Philadelphia with the purpose of abolishing slavery.
Stunning Fact : Did you know womens hearts beat faster than men’s?
A Word Of Blessing : It’s well with you. May God grant your prayer. May you celebrate your heart desires this time, in Jesus ‘ name, amen.
Friday, September 20, 2019
TOPIC : MAKE GOD YOUR FOUNDATION
Bible Verse : Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalms 20:7
LISTEN : The name of God is powerful and reliable. His presence troubles the kingdom of darkness. God is our foundation, strength and stability. My dear, your foundation will determine your stability; and who you follow will determine what follows you. Your victory in battles of life is a function of your source of strength. When your source of strength is weak, your chances of victory is slim. In the same way, when your source of strength is strong and reliable, victory is guaranteed. God is a strong tower (Psalms 18:10). He is a shield and refuge. He is a present help in times of troubles (Psalms 115:11). Those who love and fear Him run to Him in distress and are saved. He delivers His people from those who seek to destroy them. Beloved, is God your source of strength? Is He your help in times of troubles? Who do you rely on for deliverance and victory in times of troubles? In our Bible verse David said, “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.” (Psalms 20:7). Beloved, the name of God saves. Therefore, make God your foundation and put your trust in Him. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you’re my strength and fortress. Deliver me from my troubles, in Jesus’ name, amen.