Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in him, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
LISTEN : Hope is vital to life. It is the strength of life. It keeps you moving when it seems like there’s nothing to live for. Hope looks beyond circumstances. It constantly reminds you that, better days are still coming to you. My dear, if you’re not hopeful, then you’re hopeless. Sadly, when hope is dead, life loses its value. So, you owe yourself the responsibility to keep your hope alive no matter what. Here are three reasons why you should abound in hope :
1. You Are Responsible For Your Future – God has given us a predestined future. But you can’t actualise it if you’re hopeless. You must fight for it. He created us with special abilities and talents. He wants us to discover, develop, and use them to both benefit humanity and ourselves. Unfortunately, we face a lot of challenges and attacks on those abilities and talents, making it almost impossible to achieve our purposes. But no matter the situation, you can overcome if you refuse to be hopeless. Having known that your future is your responsibility, you won’t cease to be hopeful.
2. Your Life Is Precious – if you value your life you can’t cease to fight for it. You’ll do all it takes to sustain it. You can’t dream of suicide or giving up on life, because you know that, you’re created to make a difference. And whatever that’s on your way to achieving it, you won’t permit it. My dear, your life is precious.
3. Hope Complements Faith And Changes Situations – hope complements faith. Faith says it is so now, and hope says in the future it could happen. Both are vital to keep you pressing on when the going gets tough. When you have confidence in God without waiting for proof, and you’re expectant of a better tomorrow, your life will not end in shame. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to abound in hope no matter the situation.
2. Always remain hopeful and determine to rise above your challenges.
3. Keep your hope alive and always encourage yourself in God.
4. Always remind yourself that, your future is your responsibility.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you are the God of hope. Help me to abound in hope as long as I live, amen.
Reflection : You can’t dream of suicide or giving up on life when you abound in hope and faith.
Quote : “If you’re not hopeful, then, you’re hopeless. For when hope is dead, life loses its value.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that my hope will not die. Therefore, I will keep my hope alive, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know Joseph of Arimathaea was also a follower of Jesus Christ? (John 19:38).
Today In History : September 3, 1777 The American flag (stars & stripes), approved by Congress on June 14th, is carried into battle for the first time by a force under General William Maxwell.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the ancient Greeks first grew carrots as a form of medicine and not a food?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. Today, I prophesy to you, your hope will not die. No matter the situation, may God carry you to safety, in Jesus’ name, amen.
TOPIC : HELP IS ON THE WAY
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Bible Verse : Because of the oppression of the weak and because of the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,” says the LORD; “I will set him in safety from those who malign him. Psalms 12:5
LISTEN : My dear, don’t give up. Help is on the way. God will surely rescue you even when it appears impossible. He will not abandon the oppressed and afflicted. He sees the miseries and gnashing of teeth of the oppressed. He listens to their day to day groaning. (Exodus 3:7). Though, sometimes it may seem like He is taking too long to intervene, surely, He will eventually intervene. (Luke 18:7,8). He will certainly break the yoke of oppression in the neck of the oppressed. My dear, that’s God’s word for you today. Are you oppressed physically, mentally, or spiritually? Have you been unfairly and cruelly treated? Is your heart broken and pierced with sadness or memories of afflictions and oppressions? Are you terrified because of increase of oppression in your life? Don’t be afraid; God will deliver you from your oppressors. The Bible says, “Because of the oppression of the weak and because of the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,” says the LORD; “I will set him in safety from those who malign him.” (Psalms 12:5). God is the voice of the voiceless, defender of the vulnerable ; and hope of the hopeless. With Him, no oppressor is too powerful to be subdued. When you acknowledge God and surrender to Him, your battle becomes His battle and victory is sure. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, I thank you because you never neglect the oppressed. Therefore, come to my rescue, in Jesus’ name, amen.