Friday, August 16, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave… Ecclesiastics 9:10
LISTEN : God doesn’t enjoy mediocrity, He desires and cherishes excellence. He wants us to be good at what we do. My dear, God wants you to give your best both in service to Him and humanity. In fact, He wants you to do whatever you do with all your heart (Colosians 3:23). No matter what you do, if your heart is not in it, it doesn’t make sense to God. My dear, you’re created in the image and likeness of God – the image of glory, dominion, power, love, etc., and God wants us to reflect His image in our lives. He wants us to be the best at what we do. Here are reasons why you should be the best at what you do:
1. We Have Just A Limited Time On Earth– our time on earth is limited. Someday we’ll not be here. Therefore, you should do what you should do with utmost urgency and dedication (Job 14:1; Eph 5:15,16). Live as though, it’s just your last minute on earth. Avoid procrastination and frivolities and let every moment of your existence count and speak of your excellence.
2. People Value Excellence Not Mediocrity – If you don’t have anything of value to offer, nobody will care about you. If you can’t impact others you’re not worth it. So, work hard to be good at what you do. You don’t have to be thrilled with your work every single day, because you will certainly have tough days when you will wish you were somewhere else doing something else. But for the most part you can love it and be proud of what you do. My dear, be useful with your life. Remember, your existence will not count until you have made remarkable impacts. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Be strong and courageous and strive always to be excellent.
2. Be happy and proud of what you do and make sure you do all to the glory of God.
3. Resist mediocrity and determine to go for excellence instead.
4. Don’t despise what you do. Instead, cherish and improve on it.
Prayer : Dear Lord, you are full of wisdom and power. Help me to live the way you want me to live, and do what you want me to do, amen.
Reflection : If you don’t have anything of value to offer, nobody will care about you.
Quote : “You can’t work with God if you have contempt for excellence. No matter what you do, if your heart is not in it, it doesn’t make sense to God.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus name, I confess that excellence is God’s plan for my life. Therefore, I will pursue excellence, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know those who accept Jesus Christ are given the power to become the children of God? (John 1:12).
Today In History : August 16 2012 In South Africa police fire on striking mine workers, killing at least 34.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the average human brain contains around 78% water?
A Word Of Blessing : It’s well with you. Today I prophesy to you, you will make it. May the Lord gives you the spirit of excellence and take you higher in life, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : KNOW GOD’S WILL BEFORE YOU DO
Friday, August 16, 2019
Bible Verse : Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:10
LISTEN : You know nothing until you have discovered what the will of God is for you. God is not man. His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). In fact, not everything pleases Him. But the good news is that, God has made known His will to us through His words. (see Micah 6:8). My dear, we’re not in any form of difficulty to find what the will of God is. His will is for us to promote justice, be faithful to Him and to live obediently to Him. This means that, we should discourage injustice, unfaithfulness and disobedience to the word of God. As lovers of God, let’s strive to find out what His will for us is and live in line with His will always. Beloved, always seek to know God’s will beore you do. Be wise!
Prayer : Precious Father, help me to always find out your will for me and to live in line with your will, in Jesus’ name, amen.