Saturday, August 10, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day For we would not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who recommend themselves. But when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are without understanding. 2 Corinthians 10:12
LISTEN : Comparing yourself to others is a dangerous thing to do. One sure way to discourage yourself and get trapped by the sin of envy is when you keep comparing yourself to others. You can’t indulge in the comparison game and expects to be happy. God has a specific plan for everyone, and that includes you. And you won’t accomplish that plan by looking at others. My dear, there’s no competition in destiny. You’re not in competition with anyone. Therefore, be yourself and follow God’s plan for your life. Learn to cooperate with others and stop competing with them. Don’t feel bad about the blessings of others, rather, be happy for them. Count your blessings and not the blessings of someone else. Give your life completely to God and never give Satan any opportunity to creep into your life and discourage you from following God’s plan for your life. My dear, fix your eyes on God and set your mind at peace by focusing on the Lord. Here are three reasons why you shouldn’t compare yourself to others:
* Comparing Yourself To Others Takes Your Focus Off of Jesus – if you’re bothered or envious of the success of others, you’ll soon lose focus of Jesus Christ. (John 21:21-22). You shouldn’t compare yourself to others. You’re unique. Therefore, stop being envious of others. Rather, believe that God will reward your diligent hard work.
* Comparing Yourself To Others And Wanting What They Have Will Make You Miss What God Has For You – we all are called differently and designed to serve different purposes in the plan of God. Therefore, if you want what is not meant for you, you’ll end up suffering what you’re not meant to suffer, and you’ll miss what God has for you (1 Samuel 8:20).
* Comparing Yourself To Others Makes You Uncomfortable – you can never be comfortable with someone you perceived as a threat to you. Comparing yourself to others makes you see others as a threat. My dear, instead of competing with others, try to cooperate with them and you’ll achieve more.
So, to be free from the need to compare yourself to others, accept and celebrate your particular calling from God. Rejoice with others in their successes; don’t wish their successes were yours and life will not be miserable for you. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Stop comparing yourself to others, instead, cooperate with them and celebrate their successes.
2. Accept and celebrate your calling and serve others to the glory of God.
3. Never see the successes of others as a threat to you; rather, be happy for them.
4. Don’t be discouraged because someone else is successful, rather be happy and work for your own success.
Prayer : Dear Lord, I thank you because you created me for a purpose. Therefore, Help me to achieve that purpose and not compare myself to others, amen!
Reflection : Pursue the purpose of God for your life; for you’re not in competition with anyone.
Quote : “Being happy for the successes of others is the beauty of life; for there’s no competition in destiny. Hence, you can’t indulge in comparison game and expects to be happy.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that I will not compare myself to others, or be envious of their successes, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Isaiah the prophet was the son of Amoz? (Isaiah 1:1)
Today In History : August 10, 1582 Russia ends its 25-year war with Poland.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the typical wave height from Pacific tsunami is between 6 – 9 metres
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. May God bless your labour with success as you continue to bless others to the glory of God, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : GOD FEEDS HIS PEOPLE
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Bible Verse : But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus Philippians 4:19
LISTEN: God feeds His people and supplies their needs. He knows our needs and will always provide for us. My dear, no matter the situation, God will not leave you destitute, He will surely provide for you. He has given us the assurance of divine provision. Therefore, if we can ask Him for our needs, He will supply us with the necessary provisions. (Matthew 7:7,8). So, you must learn to trust Him with your daily needs and be confident that He will not forsake you. His supply includes all our needs, not just some needs. God is the source of all good gifts and provisions. (James 1:17). So, stop worrying about what to eat, drink or wear, instead, trust God to honour the works of your hands. He will surely bless you with divine provisions. Henceforth, do what you can and allow Him to do what you can’t. Remember, God feeds His people. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you are my provider. I look onto you for my daily bread, in Jesus’ name, amen!