Monday, August 5, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4
LISTEN : The world is full of situations that can easily break our hearts, but the joy of the LORD keeps us strong, positive and hopeful no matter what. The joy of the LORD is the strength of the believer in times of troubles, pain, disappointment, heartbreak, hardship, sorrow, tribulations, crisis, etc. When we’re wounded by circumstances of life, we can still find solace in the Lord when we choose to stay positive and joyful instead of being sad and hopeless. My dear, when sorrow strives to take the place of joy in your heart, resist it. No matter the reason for your sorrow, just resist it with the joy of the Lord (Nehemiah 8:10). Beloved, you can be joyful if you want to. Here are just three reasons why you should make joy your habit:
* Joy Will Keep You Healthy – most times people fall sick more often due to the bad state of their mind. Worry and anxiety are responsible for some of the health issues people suffer in life. But when happiness occupies our heart, it will do a tremendous turnaround to our health. The Bible says, “A cheerful heart brings good healing, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22). So, be joyful always.
* Depression Will Alter Your Good Sense Of Reasoning – it’s difficult to think clearly when you’re depressed. Depression fills your head with negative thoughts and lifestyles. Most times people indulge in bad habits because of depression. Some go as far as taking their own life because they think life doesn’t make sense anymore. My dear, determine to be happy no matter what. For when you’re endlessly sad, you’ll open yourself up to the devil.
* Joy Keeps You Positive – when you make the decision to be joyful, situations can’t twist your life or alter your mood unnecessarily. Even in the midst of challenges and trials you can still find reasons to be joyful. My dear, be joyful! Joy lifts your spirit and produces for you positive energy for your daily life. When you make the joy of the Lord your strength, no situation can break you or steal away your joy. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Never allow sorrow to destroy your life, instead, be happy and hopeful always.
2. Anytime your heart is broken, talk to God about it and have faith in Him.
3. Determine to resist the spirit of sorrow and embrace the spirit of joy instead.
4. In all circumstances, make the joy of the Lord your strength forever.
Prayer : Almighty God, I thank you because you give joy. Therefore, help me to experience joy in my life as long as I live, amen.
Reflection : Determine to be happy. For when you’re endlessly sad, you’ll open yourself up to the devil.
Quote : “It’s difficult to think clearly when depression reigns as king in the body. For depression fills the mind with negative thoughts, hopelessness and regrettable lifestyles.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that God is the source of true joy. Therefore, no matter the circumstance, I will always be joyful, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know Absalom conspired with the Israelites to dethrone his father David? (2 Samuel 15:13-14).
Today In History : August 5, 1914 The first electric traffic signal lights are installed in Cleveland, Ohio.
Stunning Fact : Did you know Switzerland eats the most chocolate equating to 10 kilos per person per year?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. Today I prophesy to you, may you have cause to rejoice again and again. I command the spirit of sorrow to be destroyed in your life, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : WE’RE ONE FAMILY
Monday, August 5, 2019
Bible Verse : But the one who hates his fellow Christian is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1John 2:11
LISTEN : We’re one glorious and happy family in Christ Jesus no matter our background, colour, size, race, etc., and should be bound together in love. As Christians we belong to God through Christ Jesus. But we cannot understand this fact until we put on the new nature – the nature of God. My dear, love is the nature of God (1 John 4:8). We can’t walk in love at the same time hate one another. Besides, we can’t claim to worship God if there’s no love for Him and humanity (1John 4:20,21). Love for humanity, especially those who belong to God is pleasing to Him. We should love others dearly and unconditionally. We should show interest in the well-being of others and make sacrifices towards their well-being. That’s the nature of God. God is love and does everything in love. Therefore, once we have received His love as His children, He expects us to love others just the same way he loves us and not hate them. The Bible says,“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love” (1 John 4:8). Beloved, let’s love one another for we’re one family in Christ Jesus. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I thank you for loving me unconditionally. Therefore, help me to love others, in Jesus’ name, amen.