Saturday, July 27, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Open my eyes so I can truly see the marvelous things in your law! Psalms 119:18
LISTEN : No one can know the will of God unless they’re revealed to him or her. You’ll be blind to the will of God if you’re not prepared to learn His ways. Yes, you’ll not discover mysteries from the word of God unless your eyes are opened to understand the ways of God. For your eyes to be opened, you must desire knowledge. You must hunger for more of God and have love for His word. David prayed, “Open my eyes so I can truly see the marvelous things in your law!” (Psalms 119:18). My dear, you can’t see anything in God’s word unless the ‘scale in your eyes’ are removed. There are beautiful things and promises for you in the word of God; but until your eyes are opened you can’t discover or experience them. (Ephesians 1:17-18). But, the moment you open your eyes and heart to God, the following will happen :
* You Will Understanding Spiritual Things Clearly – you need divine help to see things from God’s perspectives. Without divine help you can’t understand the language of God. You can’t understand the word of God unless your eyes are opened spiritually (1 Corinthians 2:14). Spiritual blindness is responsible for rejecting the word of God. (Acts 26:18). Truth is, if you’re blind, it will be difficult to know the right way to go.
* You Will Appreciate The Works Of God – when your eyes are opened, the coverings of ignorance will disappear and you’ll begin to appreciate the works of God. You can’t grope to find your way when you walk in the light of God. When a blind person suddenly regains his or her sight, joy naturally follows it. In the same way, you’ll leap for joy when you understand the works of God.
* You Will Understand Life Better – lack of spiritual understanding puts your life at risk of destruction. My dear, you can’t escape the danger you cant see. You’ll approach life wrongly if you don’t know what it is all about. But the day you discover the meaning of life, you’ll understand life better.
* You Will Love And Respect The Law Of God – when your eyes are opened, you can’t struggle with God in disobedience. You’ll love and respect His words. If you’re finding it difficult to love and respect the word of God, it’s because you’re eyes are still blind. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Pray fervently to God to open your eyes to the mysteries of His words.
2. Pray for spiritual understanding and wisdom to follow the will of God.
3. Be willing to know and to do the will of God.
4. Read the Bible daily and pray for grace to discover hidden truths.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I thank you because hidden things belong to you. Therefore, open my eyes to see wondrous things from your word, amen.
Reflection : Lack of spiritual understanding puts your life at risk of destruction.
Quote : “It’s impossible to think like God with the brain of Satan. And you can’t see anything good in God’s word unless the ‘scale in your eyes’ are removed.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that I need You now more than ever. And I will continue to follow you for the rest of my life, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Caleb is the son of Jephunneh? (Numbers 14:38).
Today In History : July 27, 1944 U.S. troops complete the liberation of Guam.
Stunning Fact : Did you know a bear has 42 teeth?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today, I speak to your life, may your eyes be opened to the will of God. And May God help you to always discover hidden truths in His words, amen!
TOPIC : WHAT A LOVING GOD
Saturday, July 27, 2019
Bible Verse : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
LISTEN: You’re precious to God and that’s why He loves you. As a matter of fact, no one loves you like God does. When the Bible says, “God so loved the world”, it simply means that, God loves us. God’s love for the world (we) took Jesus Christ to the cross. God gave him up willingly for us to be saved. (Romans 8:32). Jesus Christ bore the weight of our sins on the cross because God loves us. God was concerned about us when He puts on Jesus Christ the sin of us all. Jesus died to save and bring us back to God. His death brings us spiritual and bodily healing (Isaiah 53:5). God loves us even when we don’t love Him. In Christ, He gave His all. He loves us in spite of our sins and misdeeds. Hence, it will be unfair to reject his love which He demonstrated in Christ Jesus. His love for us cost Him the very life of His Son, and through Jesus Christ, He gives us assurance of eternal life when we believe and stand with Him to the very end. (John 3:16). What a loving God! Beloved, let’s not undermine the love of God. Instead, let’s love Him heartily and spread His love to the world. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, you’re loving and kind. Therefore, help me to love you for the rest of my life, amen!