Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : And see to it that no one becomes an immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that later when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no opportunity for repentance, although he sought the blessing with tears. Hebrews 12:16-17
LISTEN : It is too late to repent or do it right when the head is chopped off. Most times the actions we take are not really what we want in life. But truth is, the decisions we make will affect what we will become later on. In our devotional yesterday, I asked this same question, “Is that what you want?” Today, I will emphasise on it. It is wise to make wise decisions and foolish to make rash and irrational decisions. Making a decision just to satisfy your present needs at the expense of your future is the worst thing to do. You can’t bless the present by destroying the future. What is your hope if the future is destroyed? Esau sold his own birthright to his younger brother Jacob, just for a single meal; and thereafter lost his blessings because he first lost his birthright (Genesis 27:6-36). Even when he came weeping to his father Isaac, to bless him all the same, it wasn’t possible anymore. Beloved, always consider the consequences of your actions before you make any decision. Here are three reasons why you should think through situations before making decisions:
* You May Not Have Another Opportunity – never rush into making rash and irrational decisions in critical situations. For you will live with the headaches and heartaches of your actions. Esau made the decision to sell his birthright because he thought he will have another opportunity to right his wrong, but it didn’t come.
* One Bad Decision Can Twist Your Life Forever – some mistakes are costly and should not be made at all. Once made, life can never remain the same. One costly mistake can set the stage for a life-long failure, just as one wise decision can set the stage for success. So, watch your decisions no matter how desperate you are.
* What You Despised Today May Turn Out To Be Your Greatest Need Tomorrow – Esau despised his birthright, but at the end he wept and wanted it desperately to no avail. My dear, before you finally discard what you despise, think and think again, because you may be making the greatest mistake of your life. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Value what you have and don’t despise it no matter how little.
2. Be careful when making decisions because it may twist your life forever.
3. Take your time and think through every situation before you take a stand on it.
4. Seize every opportunity and make the most of it, knowing that it may not come again.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I thank you for your word today. Guide me to make the right decisions in every given situation, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Making a decision just to satisfy your present needs at the expense of your future is the worst thing to do.
Quote : “One costly mistake can set the stage for a life-long failure, just as one wise decision can set the stage for success.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, today acknowledged that, I have a role to play in achieving a great future. Therefore, I will be wise in making decisions, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know when Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead, Thomas one of his disciples did not believe? (John 20:24-25).
Today In History : July 24, 1823 Chile abolished slavery.
Stunning Fact : Did you know your tongue is the fastest healing part of your body?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today I prophesy to you, may God save you from decisions that will ruin your future. It is well with you, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : HOW WONDERFUL IS THE WORD OF GOD
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Bible Verse : By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6
LISTEN : There will be no heaven and earth without the word of God. Both were created by the word of the living God. Word is the power and weapon of God. He does everything by His word. He blesses, heals, delivers, fights, and does everything by His words. To know Him we should know His word. The more we read, understand, and act on the word of God, the more we will be able to move into the powerful manifestation of His presence. Understanding and believing the word of God can equally cause us to create things through the word. The same word that worked for God can work for us because we are created in the image of God. Beloved, God’s word is spirit, hence, acting on the word of God gives spirit and life to your own words. “Faith-filled” words are vehicles for a miracle. Faith gives life to your word and turns it into something supernatural. My dear, do you declare your words in faith? Do you know your word is lifeless without faith. So, speak in line with the word of God and you will see His great manifestation in your life. Remember, God’s word is wonderful and you can experience it today. Be wise!
Prayer : Most high God, manifest your power in me today, in Jesus’ name, amen.