Thursday, July 11, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. 1 Kings 18:43
LISTEN : Failing over and over again could be very frustrating, discouraging and disappointing. It is difficult to make further attempts when you know the outcome is likely going to be the same negative result. This is why most people quit too soon and end up a failure. No one is immune to failure. Therefore, what we do when we fail is vital to our success and failure in life. Here, are six things you should do when you fail over and over again:
* Try Again And More Harder – each time you attempt something and fail, make sure the next attempt is more purposeful than the previous. Try more harder. Be determined to succeed no matter what. If the desire to succeed is absent in you, then you have opened yourself up to failure. In our Bible verse above, Elijah prayed for rain after years of drought and suffering in the land, but the answer failed to come; yet, he kept praying until he succeeded. Beloved, be strong and courageous to try again each time you fail (1 Kings 18:41-45; Proverbs 24:10).
*Evaluate Your Work – you failed because you got it wrong. So, evaluate your work. Think your work through and pay attention to every detail. If you can evaluate your work you will discover where the problem is, and how to reach your goals.
* Do It Differently – you don’t do the same thing and expect to see a different result. Learn to do things differently and better. Ask questions. Lots of people have already overcome what you are struggling with. So, ask questions and you will discover better ways to get it done.
* Discipline Yourself – people often fail for lack of self-discipline. You are at risk of failure or destruction if you lack self-discipline. Self-discipline keeps your eyes on your goals and avoid ‘the unnecessary.’ When you desire to go off the track, discipline helps you focus on your goal. My dear, if you can take care of your behaviour you can overcome your challenges.
* Don’t Quit Trying – when you keep trying you will certainly break through. While pursuing their enemies, Gideon and his men were tired, yet, they kept pursuing and eventually defeated them (Judges 8:4). In the same way, if you can’t quit, you will overcome.
* Have Faith In God – when pursuing a goal, it is good to try and try harder; discipline yourself, evaluate your work and do things differently. Yet, you must not neglect faith in God. Faith in God keeps your eyes on your goals when you don’t have strength anymore to go on. When your eyes are on God, failure can’t be an issue.
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. When you fail, don’t quit trying, rather try again and again.
2. Develop self-discipline and determine to keep your eyes on your goals.
3. When you try something and fail constantly, try doing it differently.
4. Constantly evaluate your work to address a repeat of failure.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, you are my help and strength. Therefore, help me to succeed despite repeated failure, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : It is not possible to live and not fail at some point; as it is not possible not to succeed if you keep trying.
Quote : “Failure frustrates the unwise to being a complete failure; but spurs the wise to being successful.”
Faith Confession : Today, I confess that, I can still succeed despite repeated failure. Therefore, I will keep trying until I succeed, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Sarah died in the land of Hebron? (Genesis 23:2).
Today In History : July 11, 1975 Archaeologists unearth an army of 8,000 life-size clay figures created more than 2,000 years ago for the Emperor Qin Shi Huang.
Stunning Fact : Did you know Sir Isaac Newton was 23 when he discovered the law of gravity
A Word Of Blessing : Today I speak on your life, may God turn your failure to success; your disappointment to appointment, and your shame to glory, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : PLACE YOUR FAITH IN GOD
Friday, July 11, 2019
Bible Verse : Into your hand I commit my spirit: you have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth. Psalms 31:5
LISTEN : People tend to waver in faith when the going gets tough. My dear, when the going gets tough and you do not know what else to do, place your faith in God. Look to Him for provision, protection and intervention. Talk to Him about what you are going through. Tell Him your fears and worries because He cares for you (1Peter 5:7). He is always there to help you when trouble hits you. God is patiently waiting for you to call to Him. Why not call to Him today and be delivered? When you are stretched and stressed out by troubles, spread yourself in God’s word and breath the fresh air of His presence. Dig deep into His words and you will find rest for your soul. Beloved, the words of God will point you to His faithfulness. Truth is, when you understand the words of God you will acknowledge and appreciate His faithfulness. So, cheer up and put your trust in Him. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, help me to put my hope in you always, in Jesus’ name, amen!