Monday, July 8, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : For I am sure of this very thing, that the one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
LISTEN : God cannot start what He does not intend to finish. His works are complete before He starts them. The Bible says, “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.” (Isaiah 46:9-10). My dear, every child of God is a project in the hands of God. Yes, we are all work in progress in His plans; and God does not abandon His projects. This means that, You are a project to be completed no matter what. You may not have received the expected attention to your problems or prayers, but truth is, God will finish what He started in your life. God is the master planner. He is taking His time to beautify you. You will come out great and better when He is done refining you. So, forget about the delays, the heartbreak, the rejections, the disappointments, the sorrows, etc. I am very sure God will finish His work in your life. Yes, He will! My dear, most endeavours can be done little by little. They can continue progressing despite pauses or interruptions or other things going on simultaneously. Beloved, no matter what happens, God will not abandon you. He will surely finish what He started in your life. However, to experience this, you should follow this steps:
* Be Confident In The Power Of God – if you cannot believe God you cannot receive His blessings. No matter what you are faced with, you should be confident in the power of God. Always believe that, God who has started a good work in your life will finish it.
* Yield To God’s Refining Process – it is never easy when going through pain, because pain puts pressure on our lives. But truth is, great things are products of pain. Therefore, when passing through pains, learn to yield to God no matter what.
* Don’t Write Off Yourself – people are too quick to write off themselves because nothing seems to be working for them. They are quick to judge themselves as failure. However, where there is faith, even when others have written you off you still believe that, nothing is impossible with God. So, be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t write off yourself just because others wrote you off as a failure.
2. Always remind yourself that, you are a ‘work in progress’ in the hands of God.
3. Hold on to God and believe that, He will not abandon you.
4. Yield yourself completely to God and let Him shape you into His purpose.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I thank you because I am a project in your hands. Help me to yield more and more to your Spirit today, amen!
Reflection : When God seems far away, He will appear closer when faith is involved.
Quote : “God cannot start what He does not intend to finish; and what He finishes never remains the same.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’s name, I confess that I am a project in the hands of God. Therefore, I will not be abandoned, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Hagar was Sarai’s maid? (Genesis 16:8).
Today In History : July 8, 1794 French troops capture Brussel, Belgium.
Stunning Fact : Did you know unless food is mixed with saliva you can’t taste it?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today I speak to your life, may you not be abandoned. May every delay, rejection, frustration, disappointment, heartbreak, hardship, sorrow that you encounter, be taken away, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD
Monday, July 8, 2019
Bible Verse : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
LISTEN : God’s love for His creation is incomparable. His love for the world took Jesus Christ to the cross. God gave him up willingly for us to be saved. (Romans 8:32). My dear, Jesus bore our sins on the cross because God loves us. Our well-being was His concern when He put on Jesus Christ the sin of us all. Christ died to save and bring us to God. His death brings us spiritual and bodily healing (Isaiah 53:5). God loves us even when we rejected and hated Him; because He is not like human, He loves even the unlovable. God gave His all. He loved us and still loves us in spite of our sins and misdeeds. And it will be unfair to reject his love which He demonstrated in Christ Jesus. His love for us cost Him the very life of His Son, and through Jesus Christ, He gives us assurance of eternal life when we believe and stand with Him to the very end. (John 3:16). My dear, Jesus Christ died because God loves us, therefore, we should love God because Jesus Christ died for us. Above all, determine to show others the way of life which is only in Christ Jesus and spread the gospel of the kingdom of God henceforth. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, you love the world. Therefore, help me to love others, in Jesus’ name, amen.